Plymouth Argyle’s trip to play European champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup next month will not be on live TV.
It is not among the six fourth round ties which have been chosen for coverage by ITV, who will show four of them, and the BBC.
Had Argyle’s game against Chelsea been selected by one of the TV channels they would have received a £110,000 broadcast fee.
Read more: Steven Schumacher on the futures of Pilgrims’ loan pair Jordon Garrick and Ryan Broom
The Pilgrims have twice featured in live TV games during the FA Cup run this season – the away ties to Sheffield Wednesday in the first round and at Rochdale in round two, both on ITV.
There has still been no official confirmation of the date and kick-off time for Argyle’s clash against Chelsea.
However, with Thomas Tuchel’s squad set to leave for the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, February 6 it looks highly likely the FA Cup fourth round tie will be played on the Saturday.
Argyle are expected to receive an allocation of around 6,000 tickets for the club’s first game at Stamford Bridge since 1988.
Here are the games which have been selected for live TV coverage:
FRIDAY 4 FEBRUARY
- Manchester United v Middlesbrough at 8pm on ITV, ITV Hub
SATURDAY 5 FEBRUARY
- Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United at 12.30pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer
- Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton and Hove Albion at 8pm on ITV4, ITV Hub
SUNDAY 6 FEBRUARY
- Liverpool v Cardiff City at 12pm on ITV, ITV Hub
- Nottingham Forest v Leicester City at 4pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer
- Bournemouth v Boreham Wood at 6.30pm on ITV4, ITV Hub
The FA have said the full fourth round schedule and any further broadcast details will be announced in due course.